Compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act is not always possible. As building surveyors we again have unique skills and understanding on adaptations that may need to be made to existing buildings to increase accessibility and providing recommendations on measures to be put in place on designs for new-build projects.
Our logical approach to access surveys covers every aspect of a buildings use, starting with arrival at the premises and following all potential paths through a building, including reception, transfers between floors, corridor space, room access, toilets, restaurants and much more.
Following our survey we can provide clients with:
- advice on improvements needed and a proposed budget for works.
- assistance in making funding applications .
- detailed explanation of the current legislation and interpretations on how these work with their specific property.
- suggested changes to architect design statements to support planning and procurement
- production of access strategies, plans and policies